Saturday, September 6, 2008

amish time.



Last week our friends Matt and Lisa came to philadelphia. We did a great job of unwinding, which is the process of becoming stress free. If the band "unwound" really lived up to their name they would look a little more like this.

this is the band we saw at the pinical of our unwinding which took place in amish country. The amish rule. The only problem i have with them is asthetic. Everything about their lifestyle looks great except their beards. The beards are fine but they need a mustache in my opinion.

Eww, yuck, stupid, i hate it.
Awww. much better.
one of my favorite parts was the gooooood flea markets and antique stores they have there. since power tools have been banned from trader joe's i've realized that hand tools are quiet, functional and not that much slower than power tools. the flea markets are chock full of very useful and sturdy hand tools along with a lot of cool old things . I have a German friend at work and he told me the amish speak german but it's hard to understand because it's from 150 years ago. what do you think about that? I want to be amish. I would have a little wooden chest at the end of my bed with a hand forged brass lock on it. Inside would be a laptop, an ipod and beer making supplies which i would use after everyone went to bed. And i would have a mustache.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Somehow I think you might make it, but you'd have to leave Emily at the proverbial Amish door, if you know what I mean.